Be the leader
employees feel heard by, appreciated, and trust.
Empower your team
by managing with empathy.
This self-paced course for individual managers is based on our popular workshop for companies.
Why take this course?
By increasing your ability to use empathy and compassion at work, you will:
- Strengthen social ties at work
- Build deeper connections with those you lead
- Create a stronger commitment to you as the team leader, to the organization, and to shared goals
Simply learning to connect empathetically with your team members may lead to increased productivity and profitability - and if that happens, you may see improved performance ratings yourself.
What will you learn?
- A basic understanding of emotional intelligence.
- What empathy is, and how to use it even when you aren't "feelin' it."
- Practical tools to manage and shift your own emotions, simple enough to use on your own every day.
- What active listening is, why you should do it, and step-by-step instructions for how to do it.
- How to build trust throughout your team.
And, when you complete the course you'll have
- your own blueprint for how YOU will manage with empathy in your organization!
What exactly do you get?
- 6 modules with 15 individual lessons consisting of videos and readings.
- The videos range from 2 minutes to 12 minutes in length.
- An opportunity to reflect and write your own statement of purpose as a manager.
- Four short quizzes to check your understanding of the material.
- A custom blueprint worksheet for managing with empathy for your job, your team, and your organization.
- Finally, managers who complete this course will receive special discounts on other offers!
How long will it take you to complete the course?
Most people work through one module a week, in an hour a week. That takes six weeks of your time.
The course is set up so that you are required to move through it sequentially - you start at the beginning and go forward, rather than hopping around.
As a self-paced course, you get to move through it at your own pace - you can choose to go through the entire course in one weekend (six hours) or spread it out over two or three months. Do what works for you!